“Consortium News’ ‘Robert Parry comes on The Big Picture. Saudi Arabia says it had no role in the 9/11 attacks that killed 3,000 Americans – but new allegations from a former Al-Qaeda operative are casting doubts on that claim (6 Feb 2015)’.
In the NYT, Scott Shane writes that in “highly unusual testimony inside the federal supermax prison, a former operative for Al Qaeda has described prominent members of Saudi Arabia’s royal family as major donors to the terrorist network in the late 1990s and claimed that he discussed a plan to shoot down Air Force One with a Stinger missile with a staff member at the Saudi Embassy in Washington. The Qaeda member, Zacarias Moussaoui, wrote last year to Judge George B. Daniels of United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, who is presiding over a lawsuit filed against Saudi Arabia by relatives of those killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. He said he wanted to testify in the case, and after lengthy negotiations with Justice Department officials and the federal Bureau of Prisons, a team of lawyers was permitted to enter the prison and question him for two days last October”.
Shane then adds that in a “statement [2 February 2015], the Saudi Embassy said that the national Sept. 11 commission had rejected allegations that the Saudi government or Saudi officials had funded Al Qaeda”.
 Scott Shane, “Moussaoui Calls Saudi Princes Patrons of Al Qaeda” NYT (03 Feb 2014). http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/04/us/zacarias-moussaoui-calls-saudi-princes-patrons-of-al-qaeda.html.
 Scott Shane, “Moussaoui Calls Saudi Princes Patrons of Al Qaeda”.